Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pocosin Lakes

It has been awhile since my last posting. I always seem to let time get past me and that I need to do some thing soon . At least this time I had a good  reason. I had been feeling a little discomfort for some time in my back and just ignored it for I guess to long as it would come and go,, so you know you take a couple of aspirin and go on. So it didn't get better and as always I end up making a mess of it. We missed a good party and seeing our Grand Baby. Sorry to all of you who we have missed seeing. As you can see from the photo we went to see one of our sister refuges at the beginning of the month so here are a few shots from that trip.

The day we were there the Dragon Flies were hatching out and there were hundreds of them buzzing about the walkways.

A picture from the board walk along the Scuppernog River. For all who have done some 18th century living history. The wine with the same name has been here in the colonies from the very beginning of European Settlement and the mother vine for this wine is still on Roanoke Island.



Lots of flowers in bloom and they line the walkways.

There were many different color Dragonflies. We saw Blue, Green, Yellow , Black , and Red. Just so many Beautiful colors.

A Yellow Bellied Slider resting and giving me the look , you know the one all animals do when having their picture taken. It's the glazed over eye look.

The Skinks were every where and they were all different sizes.

We came across this Bear Cub on one of the less traveled roads in the Refuge.

Mom and baby looking a bit surprised to see us.                                                                                                                   Today is the first day off of pain meds and it feels good to look at my pictures and I sure am ready to start back to being some what normal. What ever that is and only a few more days of antibiotics , can't wait to have a cold adult beverage. And so ends the story of the never ending Kidney Stones. I guess I should be happy that this time there was no Surgery and it has been 6 years since the last time I was this bad. That also happened here in the Outer Banks when we were at Sea Scape and at least there is a really good Doctor here that we found the last time I went through this..  I won't complain about the little ones any more when the pass on their own , it's just really a pain. LOL now that it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment