Friday, August 24, 2012

       Another day has passed and did a huge renovation in the RV. While traveling last winter in Oklahoma we were fighting the wind all the way out when we hit a wind gust of almost 60 mph. With me doing my 67 miles per it pushed in the nose cap on the RV.When we arrived in Oklahoma City that night I cut an access through the closet wall and found that there was a 7 inch space between the nose and the closet wall. I pushed the nose back out and bought some foam boards and reinforced it temporarily.  Back to now. I know seven inches doesn't seem like much but when a 12 inch shelf becomes 19 inches and a whole wall moves 7 inches it gives a lot more storage and reinforces a fibreglass nose cap. Also added a huge storage pipe under the unit for our sewer hoses and replaced the broken jack under the rig. It's those little things.  We have also taken another step in our ever changing life style. We have resigned from all our Artsquest committees and submitted my last report as the Sign Committee Chairman. I will miss being part of the group that helps shape Musikfest but it would not be right to continue to be on committees when we could no longer attend meetings. Time for some new people to have a chance to input their ideas. Will miss the people we sat with and formed friendships with. Today we have planned another trip to the scrap yard. can't believe the amount of stuff I accumulated over the years and what it is worth now, go figure.               G

No comments:

Post a Comment